Our chapter membership requirements support our mission of promoting the study and practice of accounting; providing opportunities for self-development, service and association among members and practicing professionals; and encouraging a sense of ethical, social, and public responsibility.
FALL 2017 MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
- Members and candidates must plan to major in accounting at the KU School of Business.
- Candidates must have completed at least 1 1/2 years of collegiate courses and at least one upper level accounting course beyond the business core (ACCT 311/320/323/325).
- Members and candidates must have cumulative and professional grade point averages of 3.0 or higher. Students with GPAs less than 3.0 can email the faculty advisor to see if any of the executive office alternative GPA options are satisfied.
- Undergraduate candidates must have at least two semesters left until graduation. Students in the last semester of the undergraduate program may be candidates if they will be entering the MAcc program at the start of the following semester.
- Members and candidates must earn a total of 120 points during the semester from the following categories: Professional Meetings, Service Events, Social Events, and Non-BAP Professional Events. More details on specific point requirements will be available at the start of each semester.
- Members and candidates must pay the required dues.
- Members and candidates must attend the end of semester celebration.